ACTING CHIEF DEPUTY DIRECTOR - SUNSHINE GARSIDE
Acting Chief Deputy Director Sunshine Garside brings 18 years of law enforcement experience to the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). She began her law enforcement career as an Officer with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) during which time, she has been promoted to the ranks of Sergeant and Lieutenant, where she has served in five different CHP field commands including San Jose, Contra Costa, Oakland, Williams, and Solano.
Chief Deputy Garside has been called to serve in three different administrative assignments within the CHP including its Community Outreach and Marketing, Internal Affairs, and Anti-Terrorism units. She is a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified instructor for the First Line Supervisors Academy, and has instructed law enforcement professionals on Ethics, Internal Affairs Investigations, Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Quarterly Training, Sergeantís Forum, and the Police Officers Bill of Rights (POBR). She is also a current Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) and DRE instructor.
Prior to beginning her career with the CHP, Chief Deputy Garside obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology from California State University, Bakersfield, an educational foundation which she credits with helping her to understand, appreciate, and interact well with people from all backgrounds, experiences, and walks of life.
Chief Deputy Garside enjoys helping her fellow employees thrive in their careers and is always willing to lend a mentoring hand when asked. Yet, it is her family, including her husband and her son, and her faith that represent her greatest passions, and guide her in her desire to bring value to the organizations in which she works.
- Press Releases
- Application / Selection & Forms
- Industry Advisories
- License Types / Fees
- License Query System
- Licensing Reports
- Public Records Requests
- Server Awareness (LEAD) Training
- License Application, Protest and Disciplinary Processes
- Annual Reports
- Ramona Prieto, Acting Director
- Sunshine Garside, Acting Chief Deputy Director
- Helena Williams, Acting Chief Deputy Director
- Kathleen Barnes, Chief - Southern Division
- Chris Albrecht, Chief - Northern Division
- Matthew Botting, General Counsel
- Jacob L. Rambo, Chief Counsel
- Randall Deems, Division Chief - Administration
- LaKenya M. Jordan, Director of Legislation and Governmental Affairs
- John W. Lewis, Chief Administrative Law Judge
- Joseph McCullough, Deputy Division Chief - Headquarters
- Marcie Griffin, Deputy Division Chief - Southern Division
- Eric Hirata, Deputy Division Chief - Northern Division
- Michael Korson, Deputy Division Chief - Northern Division
- Jennifer Smiley, Administrative Assistant - Office Of The Director