Trade Enforcement Information
- Winegrowers/Blenders Report (ABC-261) Frequently Asked Questions.
- Sales Of Homemade Beer or Wine FAQ's.
- ABC Act, Business and Professions Code
- California Code of Regulations (Title 4)
- Bringing Alcohol into California For Personal Use
- CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT INDUSTRY ADVISORIES
- Bronco Wine Company v. ABC (8/04)
- The People v. Miller Brewing Company (12/02)
- List of Non-Retail Forms (available in PDF format)
Forms - Non-Retail
ABC has oversight responsibility for administration and enforcement of the trade practices provisions of the ABC ACT. ABC's Trade Enforcement Unit initiates and coordinates investigations and accusation proceedings against licensees arising out of either statewide or local trade practices situations. Unlawful alcoholic beverage industry practices include commercial bribery, consignment sales, excessive retailer credit and free goods. The unit provides expertise and guidance to ABC's field staff in the application of the trade practices and supplier licensing provisions of the ABC Act and serves as ABC's principal source of policy interpretation on issues relating to trade practices and non-retail licensing. It also responds to requests from attorneys and industry members for review and approval of advertising, merchandising and promotional programs. The unit is located at Headquarters and is administered by the Chief, Trade Enforcement Unit .
Trade Enforcement Unit Contacts
|Primary Contacts||Phone||ABC Office|
Supervising Agent in Charge
|(916) 419-2579||ABC Headquarters|
|(916) 419-2575||ABC Headquarters|
General Trade Enforcement Questions
|(916) 419-2500||ABC Headquarters|
|TEU-FAX||(916) 419-2599||ABC Headquarters|
Price Posting, Beer Labels, Shipping Certificates
|FAX (for Price schedules ONLY)||(916) 568-5064||ABC Headquarters|